commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [Collections] Release potential?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:05:02 GMT
Here are some changes / comments / questions :

CollectionUtils-
- getIterator(), return classes from new iterator package to avoid warnings
- add factory methods for unmodifiable, synchronized, bounded Collections
(suggest the sync and unmod forward to Collections)
- check for null passed in consistently in the inner classes
- synchronized inner class is very different to Sun's

ListUtils-
- add factory methods for unmodifiable, synchronized Lists (suggest they
forward to Collections)
- rename lazyList to lazilyInstantiatedList (naming conventions, clearer)

MapUtils-
- add factory methods for unmodifiable, synchronized Maps/SortedMaps
(suggest they forward to Collections)
- rename lazyMap to lazilyInstantiatedMap (naming conventions, clearer)

SetUtils-
- add factory methods for unmodifiable, synchronized Sets/SortedSets
(suggest they forward to Collections)
- why no boundedSortedSet?

Buffers-
- why do we have BoundedFifoBuffer/UnboundedFifoBuffer, when you can use
BufferUtils.boundedBuffer() ?

ComparatorUtils-
- Naming standards not followed in factory methods (xxxComparator)

IteratorUtils-
- needs writing

Enumerations-
should we have an enumeration subpackage and EnumerationUtils? Seems only
fair. Then IteratorEnumeration moves from iterators subpackage.

STATUS.html-
- rewrite of TODO
- organise collections according to new package structure
- explain XxxUtils factorys and list functionality

Sorry the list is so long Paul, but I'm just trying to do QA.
I can help out this weekend. Unless anyone objects I will create
IteratorUtils and fix ComparatorUtils. (FYI that makes me a committer to
[collections])

Stephen