commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Commons Core (was RE: [pattern][lang] Cross dependecy)
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 17:58:47 GMT
I also like the idea of a commons core.  However we do run the problem
of
what to put in there.  I like the idea of importing one medium sized JAR
as
opposed to several mini-JARs for my projects.  If that means that
Commons
Core has Pattern, Lang, Collections (nice package), and *possibly* CLI,
I think that Commons Core would be an excellent package.

However the charter would be difficult to manage.  If Core is strictly
an
integration project, we have to draw the lines of what gets integrated.
Unless of course, Core is something that will build a custom JAR for
you based on the other Commons projects.  I think that would rock for
a general useability standpoint, but from a maintenance and release
standpoint, it would be a nightmare.

Anyhoo, Core is a nicety and something I would like to see happen.