commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: DBCP/LANG
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2002 15:51:19 GMT
From: "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org>
> Avalon already has a CascadingException, many other projects have one,
> but I didn't see these projects take part in the Nestable proposal.
>
> Also, JDK1.4 has its own, so NestableException is obsolete before being
> born.
>
> I'm +1 for removing NestableException from lang, in favor of utulity
> methods.

-1
We don't all use JDK 1.4. NestableException is a highly useful way of
handling exceptions. The fact that everyone tends to write their own
suggests that there should be a common implementation. I know that not
everyone favours exception wrapping, but it is a recognised technique used
by many people in many places including the JDK. This will stay.

Stephen