commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Caswell" <ste...@caswell.name>
Subject RE: [pattern][lang] Cross dependecy
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 15:54:12 GMT
Inline...

Steven Caswell
steven@caswell.name
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving

+1. I can help organize if you need.

> As Lang is mostly full of static components, I've yet to see
> any examples of patterns that Lang would depend upon. I fully
> expect there to be some in the future, but currently?

+1. I'm also of the opinion that something in lang may be an
implementation of a pattern but not necessarily require dependency on
the patterns package.

> As for Commons-Core, I'm in favour of this too,
> util/io/lang/patterns as one jar, but have a feeling there
> are views against this.

I'm +0 on util/io/lang, but -0 on patterns for the pattern maturity
reason below (at least for the time being, until patterns gets a little
more sorted out).

> What I'd like to see:
>
> Lang 1.0 released soon. Enum and Reflection bits to be
> considered, and some hashing thing that Stephen was talking
> about before he holidayed.

Definite +1

> Patterns maturing. I think there's a danger of seeing
> everything as a pattern and I expect Patterns to involve lots
> of debate and changing of minds. Suggestions as to what
> components would implement which patterns would be a good
> first start for every Commons component.
>
> NestableException staying where it is for the time-being.

+1