commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Roberts" <simon.robe...@fifthweb.net>
Subject Re: [httpclient] 2.0 Bug/Feature classifications - request for comments
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:57:46 GMT

"Jeff Dever" <jsdever@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:3D3B79F4.777C2EF1@sympatico.ca...
> This is a proposed classification of the HttpClient bugzilla bugs.  They
> have been carved up into 2 milestones, 2 betas and two release markers.
> The rationale for the classification is as follows:
> 2.1 Final (aka Future)
>  10970 Client side certificate support with HTTPS

Hasn't Ortwin (or someone) already submitted a patch that allows
HttpConnection to use a different SSLSocketFactory?  (Which in turn, allows
the caller to do anything they want with authentication, certificates, etc).
It hasn't been applied to the the source, in any case.   Since the code is
already done (though not AFAIK propagated up into HttpConnectionManager or
Http[Multi]Client), is not intrusive, it would seem useful to apply it now.

The change is absolutely needed for US-export JSSE, since we can't override
what SSLSocketFactory.getDefault() returns.

Cheers etc, Simon