commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Roberts" <si...@airdmhor.gen.nz>
Subject Re: [httpclient] 2.0 release plan - Vote on tasks in Bugzilla
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:21:43 GMT
> All the feature requests for HttpClient have now been entered in bugzilla.
> Whew!

Thanks!

Hmmm. Unless I missed it, the item from your Tasks.txt :

"Client side certificate support. Add support for this with HTTPS.
Apparently not too hard"

Didn't make it into bugzilla.   It's not too hard, as long as you configure
the keystore
correctly.  BUT if you want more control over things, or are hampered by the
US-export JSSE (!!), we need a bit more configuration however.

Since the export version of JSSE doesn't allow the configuration of what
SSLSocketFactory.getDefault() returns, we need to add an attribute to
HttpConnection
to specify another SSLSocketFactory.  That we, we can hook into things that
way.

Bill Cutshall posted a partial solution on March 28th under the subject "Re:
[httpclient]
Proxy and release questions.", but that change needs to be propagated into
HttpConnectionManager and HttpMultiClient.  The feature was also requested
on 3rd July
by Ortwin Gluck under the topic "[httpclient] Volunteering to make SSL
socket factory more flexible"

I'll do the patch if y'like, but was waiting until the
HttpClient/HttpMultiClient decisions are
done first :)

Cheers,
Simon