commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/daemon/src/java/org/apache/commons/launcher ChildMain.java LaunchFilter.java LaunchTask.java LaunchTask_en.properties Launcher.java LauncherClassLoader.java Launche
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:44:00 GMT
On 10 Jul 2002 patrickl@apache.org wrote:
> patrickl    2002/07/09 22:27:52
>
>   Added:       daemon/src/bin launch-ant.bat launch-ant.sh
>                         launcher.properties launcher.xml
>                daemon/src/java LauncherBootstrap.java
>                daemon/src/java/org/apache/commons/launcher ChildMain.java
>                         LaunchFilter.java LaunchTask.java
>                         LaunchTask_en.properties Launcher.java
>                         LauncherClassLoader.java LauncherException.java
>                         Launcher_en.properties ParentListener.java
>                         StreamConnector.java
>   Log:
>   Initial commit of the Java Launcher tool. This tool, originally
> developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. for use in its Java Web Services
> Developer Pack 1.0 product, is being donated to the Apache Software
> Foundation.
>
>   This initial commit consists of working code and working Windows and
> Unix samples. Documentation for the XML file syntax is still a pending
> item.
>
>   Obtained from: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

This sounds like it requires some kind of legal agreement with Sun.  Was
that properly obtained by the Apache board?

just curious.  it seems as though many of us committers are left in the
dark when it comes to legal agreements that are made or in the process
of being made.  The apache board doesn't even seem to be posting their
meeting minutes anymore (I doubt its been 6 months since their last
meeting):  http://www.apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html

regards,
michael