commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [commons-discovery] Promoting discovery from sandbox
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 22:52:41 GMT
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 rsitze@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Discovery is a simple JAR file that implements a discovery pattern used
> frequently (commons-logging is latest, AXIS is coming) for finding
> implementations of interfaces/abstract classes.  I believe that it covers
> the basics.
>
> Since it is small in scope, I am moving to get this out of the sandbox
> after a quick submission/review process by interested individuals, with the
> intent of integrating with commons-logging in the very near future (other
> projects are of course welcome to adopt).
>
> Bottom Line:  I've reviewed the charter, & the process to follow is not
> clear to me.  What's the next step?  Vote?

My understanding is that a vote is needed, and you need 3 +1 ( and more
+1 than -1 ). Well, I'm not very sure - but a vote is clearly needed,
and if you get -1s or less than 3 +1s we can call our lawyers.

I'm +1 on the proposal ( if you make it :-), add me in.

Hopefully Jaxp (in xml-commons) and maybe ant will also use this.

Costin