commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: Lang addition: CalendarUtils
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2002 20:20:37 GMT
The functionality definitely sounds good and a welcome addition to Jakarta
Commons.

The only question in my mind is that CalendarUtils really should go into
Commons.Utils and not Commons.Lang. Currently Commons.Utils is a little
low on real Util functionality as most of java.util went to
Commons.Collections. While Commons.IO is quite healthy and just needs some
effort, Commons.Utils currently has a few utilities such as BitField,
WordWrapper, a UniqueId and some other miscellaneous bits and bobs.

My preference would be to submit the CalendarUtils to the Util sandbox and
consider the virtues of migrating it to Lang during the preparation for a
1.0 release.

Having JUnit tests early is good. Saves on lots of work later on.

Hen