commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] beta release
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:03:23 GMT

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> > Does anyone have any opinions on the beta release?
> >
> > *) Should it be done?
> > *) Are we ready for a beta?
>
> Yes.....
>
> Basically, you can look at it two ways. Either
> - call it a Beta now and 1.0 in 4 weeks time (rather optimistic?) when the
> discussions and additional code is in.
> - call it 1.0 now and 1.1 or 2.0 in 4 weeks time (less pressure so deadline
> could extend more easily - especially as its summer and some of us have
> holidays v.soon ;-)

I was looking at 1.0-beta and 1.0 in N weeks. The optimism depends on
which features end up going in I think :)

> Actually, given where we are, I would favour the full 1.0 release. Only
> thing on my todo would be the Nestable patch, which I was going to let
> Steven commit.

It's going to take me a little while to understand all involved in
website/releasing, so we've a little while in which what we release can be
ironed out. I think there's been enough support of a stable release of the
current code that we can consider a release of some kind to be on the
imminent horizon.

Hen