commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [lang] beta release
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:19:15 GMT

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, [iso-8859-1] Ringo De Smet wrote:

> > Friday: Begin discussion of the 4 or 5 new areas with a focus of
> > closing each one off within a week.
>
> What areas are still under discussion? I think that we need a concensus
> first on these areas before we are ready for a beta release.

The areas for discussion are new submissions which would not be expected
to change the current code's API, merely add to it. Thus I was thinking of
a beta release with the current functionality, and then the discussion and
migration of the various submissions.

I'll start a thread on each submission [unless people beat me to it]
today/this weekend.

Hen