commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [lang] Promotion of Lang from sandbox
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:34:30 GMT

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 costinm@covalent.net wrote:

> +0
>
> I hope it'll get more review on the interfaces before a release.

With a few exceptions the APIs seemed to have reached a state of
acceptance. Overrides could be added, but the API feels quite stable now.
Could you start a thread on ones that worry you, or is it just a general
feeling htat it needs a bit more focus?

> I'm also not sure about 'lang' name - for me it sugest more of
> a code generator/parser thing, not a collection of generic utils
> ( and I'm pretty sure it'll not remain limited to java.lang package ).

Always a worry yes, the feature creep. But all projects have it.

Hen