commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [io] new classes and .compress.* packages from Avalon Excalibur
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 18:16:48 GMT

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Ok, everything compiles, makes jars, examples, and runs tests.
> Some tests fail, on the bzip and tar tests, the rest are ok.

Cool.

> I'm not going to debug the failing tests now, 'cause I have other moving
> to do on other packages ;-)

You plan to use this methodology on all of the code submissions? Stick the
code in without working tests then move onto the next piece of code?

> > In the meantime, I'll move other stuff ;-)
>
> Now it's time for the thread stuff.
> Why not put them in threading project?
> Or in lang.thread?

Lang's trying to avoid new code at the moment until we get to move over to
Commons proper. Then the aim is to look at Avalon.ThreadContext [or is it
Thead? The simpler of the two], reflection bits from around Commons,
Avalon.System/StackIntrospector and Avalon.Util.StringsUtils.

If you want to get Thread out of Avalon, then I'm +1 on into
Commons.Threading and -1 on into Commons.Lang.

Hen