commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [Lang] So far and Still to do for release 1.0
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 07:38:22 GMT
An additional thing we need to do before release.

Avalon submitted a host of components to Commons. The Util component
contains a StringUtil class which we need to merge into Strings.

The ones that leap out as being new are:

concatenate(String, String, String) and (String[])
truncate(String,int)
[and truncateNicely which finds whitespace and adds ...]
stripWhitespace(String)
appendWhitespace(StringBuffer, int)
format [seems to force a string to a certain length and some padding]

in addition there are replicated [ish] functions:

split
join
wordWrap
replaceSubString

and a new kind of function:

hexDisplay

which both probably ought to head over to Commons.Util.

This code is in:

jakarta-avalon-excalibur/util/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/util/StringUtil.java

Hen