commons-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Proposal: JSP/JSTL expression language
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:16:36 GMT
Commons developers,

Hi there.  I'm the reference-implementation lead for the JSP Standard Tag
Library (JSTL), which includes an expression language ("EL") that will
become the basis of JSP 2.0's expression language.  Because of the number
of different projects that need the EL, many of us thought it wise to
propose that Jakarta Commons host the implementation.  This will also
allow the addition of nonstandard features that some people desire, so
long as the code base has a mode of operation whereby the JSTL 1.0 and JSP
2.0 standards (separately) obtain.

I've written a brief proposal and posted it here:

  http://www.apache.org/~shawn/el-proposal.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information.  I
have several specific mechanisms in mind concerning how to accommodate
multiple standards and products with the same code base; I can describe
them in more detail if anyone's interested.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Bayern