commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: [httpclient] Volunteering to add ...
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2002 13:35:29 GMT
jsdever wrote on 07/06/2002 01:44:02 PM:

> An auzzie!  My mother is a landed immigrant to Canada from Australia ...
> small world.
Very small...Mostly it's Canadians coming down here though :)

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/httpclient/RELEASE_PLAN_2_0.txt
> looks good but dated.  Is there progress towards 2.0 release?  What
needs to
> be done to take it to release at this point, (before we start having fun
> adding features for 2.1!)
Marc S had integrated his really useful HttpMultiClient pieces and was
pushing towards a 2.0 release, but we lost steam along the way....I'm
happy to help pick it up, as I think we're overdue.

> There is a list of action items
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/status.html but are they to
be
> completed before 2.0 release?  I would particularly like take the action
item
> to convert logging to commons-logging.
I don't think any of these are a mandatory before the release (others may
disagree). I'd much rather we released far more often than we have, and I
think it's just a lack of time/motivation. I'd be happy for you to start
submitting patches for the logging piece while we get to know you.

> Is Rodney Waldhoff still acting as release manager?
I think Marc S was taking over, but I'm happy if Rodney is about and
willing. Failing that, I'd like to get things moving on a 2nd 2.0
pre-release real soon now.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au