commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: [HttpClient] [Patch] Proxies
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 03:19:39 GMT
Hi Evert,

Evert Hoff <evert.hoff@pixie.co.za> wrote on 07/09/2002 02:41:48 PM:

> Hi Dion,
>
> I have attached the new diff in -u format.
>
> Only to HttpMultiClient. I have forgotten about HttpClient, because I
> don't use it anymore. We really should think about merging the two -
> basically renaming HttpMultiClient to HttpClient.

I think the patch as supplied breaks the functionality of HttpClient, by
removing it's ability to follow redirects, as the code has moved from
HttpMethodBase to HttpMultiClient.

I'd love to get rid of HttpClient, but at this point for compatibility
reasons, I'd rather not until after the 2.0 release. The plan is to
deprecate HttpClient in this release.

I'm going to see if I can rework the patch to place the code back into
HttpMethodBase. If you could do that and test, it would be way faster than
me, as I've got fairly limited time at the moment.

[snip]

Thanks.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting