commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack, Paul" <>
Subject RE: [VOTE][Collections] Naming conventions
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 16:12:10 GMT
Can we soften the convention for decorator names?  I think xxxedYYY is
an ideal, but sometimes doesn't work.  (Even java.util.Collections
uses "unmodifiableList" instead of "unmodifiabledList").

I think the convention should be xxxedYYY where possible, otherwise
<adjective>YYY.  I'd prefer to keep ListUtils.lazyList(List) instead
of ListUtils.laziedList(List).

> Thanks to Stephen, we now have a "DEVELOPERS-GUIDE" which
> explicitly lists the conventions we are voting on.  The
> commit will act
> as a standard commit-then-review, so if you have problems with the
> conventions, -1 the commit with your reasons and we'll work
> from there.
> ollections/DEVELOPERS-GUIDE.html
> regards,
> michael