commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack, Paul" <pj...@sfaf.org>
Subject [Pool] GenericObjectPool performance?
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:53:23 GMT
Hi,

The GenericObjectPool implementation uses a doubly-linked list
with multiple cursors for fast operations.  It's actually very
similar to a connection pool I used at a contract for a large
financial institution, which is a concern, because that
connection pool experienced performance problems under very
high loads (thousands of concurrent threads).

Has any performance testing been done on GenericObjectPool?
I notice its unit test has a multithreaded test, but it only
uses 20 threads.

-Paul