commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack, Paul" <>
Subject RE: [collections] vs [threading] - Queue
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:44:28 GMT
> The threading sandboxed package has a set of Queue methods
> that are thread safe.
> Are these better placed in Collections? The only problem
> being that they would be dependent on threading for the
> use of the Counter.
> Apologies if this has already been discussed, just an idea I had while
> browsing the commons files.

Well, Collections has its own queue stuff now (check the
current CVS version).  They're not called queues though.

The interface which defines a queue-like thing is
Buffer, and it has four implementations:

In addition, BufferUtils contains utility methods, two
of which relate to making a Buffer implementation thread-safe:

I think BufferUtils.blockingBuffer(Buffer) results in something
very similar to the Queue implementations in threading, but
I haven't looked too closely.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message