commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack, Paul" <pj...@sfaf.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE][Collections] Naming conventions
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 16:48:56 GMT
> In a sense, though, that original vote was never necessary
> anyway since there were no product changes involved with
> discussion on the mailing list.  With the commit of the
> developer guide though, a real product change was made,
> this initiating a real lazy concensus product change.
> I even sent out an email specifically asking people to review
> it and -1 the commit if there were objections.  Unless I missed
> it in the tons of emails I found when I returned from my July
> 4th holiday, I haven't seen any such vetos.

...okay, please bear with me, but does all this mean that we can
proceed with implementing the naming convention changes, because
no one's vetoed the product change?  What's the window period on
lazy consensus?

There are actually decorator implementations and so on I'd like to
submit but I'd rather wait until the naming conventions are agreed
on, and the current API changes to conform to them.

-Paul