commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ola Berg <ola.b...@arkitema.se>
Subject Re: [httpclient] HttpStandards class to manage conformance rules.
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:43:48 GMT
Just a remark regarding compliance:

Remember that one important usage of httpclient is to test webservers and application. The
ability to simulate broken or misconfigured browsers (controlling the (mis-)behaviour) at
a fairly low level is important.

Maybe parts of the protocol behavoiur could be encapsulated in implementations of some interface
(like HttpBehaviour). Then we could provide Http10StrictBehaviour (implements HttpBehaviour)
etc and set it with#setBehaviour( HttpBehaviour).

This opens up for MozillaBehaviour, IE50Behaviour etc too.

I haven\'t studied the code for HttpClient, so pardon me if I\'m wrong here.

regards

/O