commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Create new commons-sandbox-dev mailing list
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 00:43:48 GMT

I agree. It wasn't the only reason I stated. But if you want to stay here,
that's fine with me. ;-) The volume here doesn't bother me anyway - my mail
client has filters.

> A seperate list for HttpClient was discussed recently under the thread
>     [PROPOSAL] Restructure mailing lists
>     > 2. create a new httpclient-dev list.
>
> A count of the votes indicates that point 2 of that proposal
> passed.  The only
> addition I would have (as commented on the previous thread)
> is that this new
> "httpclient-dev" list be used for ALL HttpClient development
> traffic, including
> open discussions, voting on issues, CVS commit messages and
> bugzilla change
> messages.  This is to reflect the fact that  much of the
> traffic is from commits
> and bugzilla.

Can voting issues really be discussed on a separate list, when voting on any
package in Commons is open to any committer on Commons?

BTW, commit messages do not go to commons-dev, they go to commons-dev-cvs.

--
Martin Cooper

> Martin Cooper wrote:
>
> > Better, splitting off HttpClient as a top level Jakarta
> project, assuming
> > the committers would like to do that. That would have my
> +1. Splitting off a
> > mailing list for HttpClient would have my +0, for reasons
> described below.
> >
> > I'm -1 on the original proposal, for reasons that have
> already been stated
> > by others (Hen & Geir). In addition, I don't like the idea
> of sandbox folks
> > operating in a vacuum, without knowing what's going on in
> Commons proper,
> > where they presumably aspire to be. I realise that some of
> the sandbox
> > developers will want to be on both lists, but I think all
> of them should be,
> > so that they're aware of what's happening on other Commons
> projects. I'd
> > rather see Commons as a single community than as two
> connected by a subset
> > of the developers.
> >
> > --
> > Martin Cooper