commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Create new commons-sandbox-dev mailing list
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:29:01 GMT
Better, splitting off HttpClient as a top level Jakarta project, assuming
the committers would like to do that. That would have my +1. Splitting off a
mailing list for HttpClient would have my +0, for reasons described below.

I'm -1 on the original proposal, for reasons that have already been stated
by others (Hen & Geir). In addition, I don't like the idea of sandbox folks
operating in a vacuum, without knowing what's going on in Commons proper,
where they presumably aspire to be. I realise that some of the sandbox
developers will want to be on both lists, but I think all of them should be,
so that they're aware of what's happening on other Commons projects. I'd
rather see Commons as a single community than as two connected by a subset
of the developers.

--
Martin Cooper