commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Create new commons-sandbox-dev mailing list
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:51:47 GMT
On Tuesday, July 30, 2002, at 07:30 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On 7/30/02 1:12 PM, "robert burrell donkin" <robertdonkin@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> this part of my previous proposal seems to enjoy consensus support so i'
>> like to move to a vote.
>>
>> here's my +1
>
> -1
>
> (I assume that this can't veto so I'll be clear with a -1  :)

i'm not sure. i had assume that it would be. i don't suppose that we could
get a ruling about this from someone like ted, could we?

> Why?
>
> 1) Because if a component in sandbox is so popular its annoying on the
> -dev
> list, why not move the thing out of the sandbox?  It clearly has the
> participation necessary...
>
> 2) It lets people know that there are other interesting things going on..
> .

at the risk of repeating myself, the aim is to allow jakarta committers to
participate in sandbox discussions without having to subscribe to
commons-dev.

there will be a few commons committers who may choose to subscribe to
commons-dev only but (i hope) the majority should (and will) subscribe to
both.

- robert