commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [CLI] Feature requests and submissions
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:15:05 GMT
Actually, after looking at the impl of CommandLine I decided to
tidy it up a bit.  This piece of tidy up gave me the ability to
modify the iterator ability.

So the example in the previous mail can now be done as follows:

// create options object
Options options = ...;

CommandLineParser parser = CommandLineParserFactory.newParser();
CommandLine line = parser.parse( options, args );

Iterator iter = line.iterator();
while( iter.hasNext() ) {
    Option opt = iter.next().toString();
    String value = opt.getValue( );
    String value = opt.getValue( opt, "default value" );
    String[] values = opt.getValues( opt );
    Object obj = opt.getType( opt );
}

I can also provide an iterator for the opt values but I don't
think this is necessary with the above approach.

-John K