commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Create new commons-sandbox-dev mailing list
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:09:19 GMT

The current "functional" split of commons traffic into dev/user/cvs makes sense
for commons.  But spliting a list off of commons for a "package" needs some
definition.  I would suggest that all traffic that falls into the realm of
concern for HttpClient development should be encapsulated by the httpclient-dev
mailing list (hey, this is like OOD!).  Otherwise httpclient specific messages
will still pollute the other

If the traffic of httpclient-dev then becomes excessive, then other measures
could be taken but it should start will all httpclient specific traffic going to
one list.

BTW, commit messages do not go to commons-dev-cvs, they go to
jakarta-commons-cvs. ;-)