commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Create new commons-sandbox-dev mailing list
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 00:20:10 GMT
Speaking as a HttpClient commiter, I feel that HttpClient fits very well into
the commons mantra, "A repository of reusable Java components" and should not be
moved out of commons at this time.  It does not make sense to promote a
component based on mailing list traffic alone.

A seperate list for HttpClient was discussed recently under the thread
    [PROPOSAL] Restructure mailing lists
    > 2. create a new httpclient-dev list.

A count of the votes indicates that point 2 of that proposal passed.  The only
addition I would have (as commented on the previous thread) is that this new
"httpclient-dev" list be used for ALL HttpClient development traffic, including
open discussions, voting on issues, CVS commit messages and bugzilla change
messages.  This is to reflect the fact that  much of the traffic is from commits
and bugzilla.