commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Smith" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Restructure mailing lists
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:23:50 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> 1. create a new list commons-vote. change charter so that all votes must
> happen on this list and all committers must subscribe to this list. this
> allows matters of concern to the whole commons to be efficiently
> discussed and will allow the commons subproject to remain cohesive with
> more than one development list.

-0.  Something about this rubs me the wrong way.

> 2. create a new httpclient-dev list. the dev traffic for httpclient
> justifies this.

+1

> 3. create a new commons-sandbox-dev list. this will allow committers
> from other projects to discuss experimental code without having to
> subscribe to the high traffic main list.

+1.  Votes for moving a sandbox component to commons proper should still
occurs on commons-dev though.

> 4. the existing commons-dev remains in use for all other components.

+1.  commons-dev must also be used for all commons-wide issues.  I
believe that would include adding new committers to the httpclient
component since a committer on httpclient has access to all components.

regards,
michael