commons-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Luby <>
Subject Re: [Logging] more issues with stack reading
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:16:54 GMT
Costin and Bob, wrote:
> The problem we're having is support for the old wrappers in
> tomcat, as we need to filter them out too. We're trying to
> get commons-logging used everywhere, but keep backward
> compatibility since the Logger/Log interface is part of the
> tomcat APIs.

I may be missing something, but would a possible approach be to change
all of the Logger/Log interface calls to commons-logging in the new
version of Tomcat (i.e. jakarta-tomcat-5). Since this is a very new
workspace, it seems the safest place to make the switch (messing with
Tomcat 4.x seems too risky to me). This would eliminate the need to put
in a Tomcat-specific class into commons-logging.

What do you think?

Patrick Luby                     Email:
Sun Microsystems                         Phone: 408-276-7471
901 San Antonio Road, USCA14-303
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4900

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>