commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] HttpURLConnection wrapper
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:33:20 GMT
Hey Vincent,

Its certainly sounds like a reasonable way to preserve your existing interface
while changing the back end.  And because it is a standard java interface, it
also seems reasonable to have that as part of the HttpClient offering.  I don't
think that HttpMethod maps very well onto HttpConnection, but much of it looks
workable.

My biggest reservation is that HttpClient has too many public interfaces
already, and severaldifferent paradigms of use.  We are just starting to address
the mulititude of interfaces (particularly HttpClient/HttpMultiClient) and am
hesitent in adding one more.

We are working on a 2.0 release right now which is top priority.  There have
been so many changes between the 2.0 alpha way back in October and the current
code base, that we need to minimize what goes in at this point.

But 2.1 is a different story, and would likely get quite a bit of support.

-jsd