commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ortwin Glück" <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: [httpclient] 2.0 release plan - Vote on tasks in Bugzilla
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 06:29:17 GMT
This feature is included in the patch I submitted on July 17. I am using
SSLava with HttpClient in one of our apps.

Ortwin Glück

Simon Roberts wrote:
> Since the export version of JSSE doesn't allow the configuration of what
> SSLSocketFactory.getDefault() returns, we need to add an attribute to
> HttpConnection
> to specify another SSLSocketFactory.  That we, we can hook into things that
> way.
>
> The feature was also requested
> on 3rd July
> by Ortwin Gluck under the topic "[httpclient] Volunteering to make SSL
> socket factory more flexible"

  NOSE applied intelligence ag      [perspectix-nose digital b.i]
                                    [www]      http://www.nose.ch
  ortwin glück                      [email] ortwin.glueck@nose.ch
  hardturmstrasse 171               [office]      +41-1-277 57 35
  8005 zurich                       [fax]         +41-1-277 57 12
  switzerland