commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ortwin Glück" <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject [HttpClient] when to HTTP/1.0 fallback
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:42:03 GMT
HttpMethod base currently sets http11 when it parses the response line.

So when the request is repeated (due to redirection or authentication)
the protcol version may change. Is this behaviour actually correct?

The client should of course provide sort of automatic fallback to 1.0 if
the server does not support 1.1. But for instance in case of a 1.1
request and a 1.0 redirection response, shouldn't the client repeat the
request in its original form anyway?

I just ask because I see this behaviour when testing against the Squid
proxy.

Ortwin Glück

  NOSE applied intelligence ag      [perspectix-nose digital b.i]
                                    [www]      http://www.nose.ch
  ortwin glück                      [email] ortwin.glueck@nose.ch
  hardturmstrasse 171               [office]      +41-1-277 57 35
  8005 zurich                       [fax]         +41-1-277 57 12
  switzerland