commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Morphos] Status?
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:26:09 GMT

Sven Kuenzler wrote:
> Stephen Colebourne schrieb:
>
>> Having said that, a SAX content handler is more complex than I originally
>> intended for Pattern to cope with. Transformer's interface is
>> Object transform(Object);
>> and is intended to focus on things like type conversion.
>

> To quote from Transformer's JavaDoc
>  * <code>Transformer</code> defines an interface implemented by classes
> that
>  * transform one object into another. The original object is left
> unchanged.
>
> The second sentence effectively rules out SAX events, InputStreams etc
> as input Object (as you indicated already). So, the relationship between
> Pattern and Morphos definitely needs further clarification.

Hmmm...

I think that there is no real reason why there has to be a limit on SAX
events, InputStreams, etc...

There is also no way of enforcing this with an interface, so I'm in
favor of removing this in favor of an extra possible SafeTransformer
that is an Abstract class that does the immutability stuff in some way.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -