commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Kuenzler <sv...@imost.de>
Subject Re: [Morphos] Status?
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:04:29 GMT
Stephen Colebourne schrieb:

> Having said that, a SAX content handler is more complex than I originally
> intended for Pattern to cope with. Transformer's interface is
> Object transform(Object);
> and is intended to focus on things like type conversion.

To quote from Transformer's JavaDoc
  * <code>Transformer</code> defines an interface implemented by classes
that
  * transform one object into another. The original object is left
unchanged.

The second sentence effectively rules out SAX events, InputStreams etc
as input Object (as you indicated already). So, the relationship between
Pattern and Morphos definitely needs further clarification.

	Sven....