commons-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Kuenzler <sv...@imost.de>
Subject [Morphos] Status?
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2002 16:25:23 GMT
What is the status of the Morphus project? I read the discussion about
the potential API some time ago and I'd like to know whether there is
consensus about these interfaces.

Background: I have isolated the Gnumeric->Excel conversion stuff from
Cocoon. The plan was to make this one of the first Morphers. However, I
have not figured out yet how this should work with the proposed Morpher
interface:

  public interface Morpher {
      void morph(Object input, Object output) throws MorphException,
IOException;

      void addNotificationListener(NotificationListener nl);
      void removeNotificationListener(NotificationListener nl);
      void clearNotificationListeners();
  }

Problem: Because of his former life as C2 serializer, my wannabe Morpher
is an org.xml.sax.ContentHandler (essentially). Thus, there is no single
"input" object, but a series of SAX events. I guess this is a quite
typical incarnation for XML transforming code. So, how should a Morpher
deal with this situation?

Another question: What is the task of NotificatonListener and how should
it look like?

	Sven