commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject [httpclient] 2.0 release plan
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 02:15:51 GMT

I'm pretty new to httpclient, but it's great to see so much activity on
it, after what looks like a tonne of great development and then a bit of
a dry spell.

The current release is 2.0Alpha1 from October 8th.  The
RELEASE_PLAN_2_0.txt only outlines untill last September.  It would be
nice to have some milestones in place to organize towards a release for
this summer.

Rodney Waldhoff is listed as the release manager.  dIon Gillard as been
instrumental lately in getting everyone's patches in and moving forward.

But it seems that what we really need is plan to release to 2.0, alpha,
beta, ship.  Now seems to be a good time to harness all the development
energy.

I'm too new OSS to offer much in this capacity, but I would be willing
to provide support for release content and bug tracking.  Rodney, are
you able to come back as release manager?  dIon, are you willing to take
on this role?  How do we get to a release?