commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [io] new classes and .compress.* packages from Avalon Excalibur
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 22:17:17 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Nicola, if something is currently an Avalon Component, it needs
> to stay in Avalon.

Don't be so selfish ;-)

 > That means that SourceResolver, Cache, XML
> Bundle, and such stay.

Why? Is there a need for them to be Components?
Aren't we gonna use services?

Cache basically has only the Component marker interface.
There is already a cache in commons, and I don't like this dichotomy, as
well as the logging one, but that's another story.

Ok, I won't push them now anyway.

> Only things that are not Avalon components should get moved.
> Hopefully that lightens your load a little bit.

Surely they will be last, and only when the others are already released
in commons and deleted from the excalibur CVS.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -