commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Dever" <jdev...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: [HttpClient] [Patch] Proxies and SSL
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:32:08 GMT
Ortwin,
Thanks for the patch.  Please attch to the bug for tracking purposes.

dIon,
You were dealing with the previous proxy patches so it'd be best if you
could consider applying this patch.  I know that you like to keep the
HttpClient/HttpMultiClient functionality consistant.  My feeling we should
go ahead with the patch with the knowledge that mixing those two interfaces
is a top priority to tackle ASAP.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ortwin Glück [mailto:ortwin.glueck@nose.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 11:11 AM
To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: Andreas Weder
Subject: [HttpClient] [Patch] Proxies and SSL

This patch contains the following changes:

- Proxy Authentication
- SSL tunneling through proxies (ConnectMethod)
- free choice of the SSLSocketFactory
- setting SO_TIMEOUT from HttpClient
- POST method accepts InputStream as body
- POST and PUT do not follow redirects by default
- GetMethod: doc

Note that HttpMultiClient was not touched.
Testing was done with one of our applications that uses HttpClient
against an authencticating proxy using SSL (SSLava). Still all the
Webapp tests need to be modified so that one can specify if to run them
through a proxy or not.

Evert: This patch contains the patch that I sent you three weeks ago, so
this patch will conflict with the one you supplied earlier but was only
partly committed.

I attach a patch file along with a newly added source file. Since I have
no commit rights I can not add a file myself. I tried to keep the diff
as clean as possible.

Regards

Ortwin Glück aka Odi

  NOSE applied intelligence ag      [perspectix-nose digital b.i]
                                    [www]      http://www.nose.ch
  ortwin glück                      [email] ortwin.glueck@nose.ch
  hardturmstrasse 171               [office]      +41-1-277 57 35
  8005 zurich                       [fax]         +41-1-277 57 12
  switzerland