commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Create new commons-sandbox-dev mailing list
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:37:55 GMT

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Waldhoff, Rodney wrote:

> Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:08:04 -0500
> From: "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwaldhof@us.britannica.com>
> To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List' <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
>
> Split off commons-httpclient-dev?  That seems to be the bulk of the recent
> mail, and probably won't disappear after formal 2.0 release.

This is what was envisioned in the original Commons charter -- a popular
package would either create the need for its own commons-foo-dev and
commons-foo-user mailing lists, or it would graduate to being a full
fledged Jakarta project (like Cactus did).

This has my +1 if the httpclient folks want it.

Personally, I don't really mind the volume -- this is really light
compared to some of the lists I'm on :-) -- but that is just me.

Craig