commons-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [latka][jelly] commons-vfs?
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 02:21:45 GMT
On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 01:22, Jeff Turner wrote:
> 2) Adam, if it all sounds decent, are you amenable to supporting the
> VFS as a Commons project, rather than as something Myrmidon-specific?

Definitely.  We've been planning on moving the vfs stuff somewhere else
(commons or excalibur) for ages.  Commons is probably the better option.

The vfs code is already pretty much separated from the rest of myrmidon, and
the dependencies on the avalon stuff wouldn't be a big deal to get rid of.
Unfortunately, atm I don't have much in the way of spare time to work on
this.

--
Adam