commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [betwixt] commons-betwixt-src zip doesn't contain sources!
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 18:12:06 GMT

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Bemt, Martin van den wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 17:44:19 +0200
> From: "Bemt, Martin van den" <Martin.vdBemt@2cure.com>
> To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List' <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: [betwixt] commons-betwixt-src zip doesn't contain sources!
>
> It's also the case for other commons projects (that don't contain the
> source).
> Can you specify what you need in the build.xml and output, to be able to
> create something that your jobs can use ?

My job expects that a "clean" target will clean out the destination, and
that a "dist" target will build the binary distribution (under a "dist"
subdirectory).  It builds the source distros itself, by taking a copy of
the CVS repository and stripping out the CVS subdirectories, but uploads
them separately (filenames have "-src-" in the middle).  The binary
distros won't also contain the sources unless the "dist" target puts it
there.

The other thing to be aware of is which commons and sandbox packages I do
this for (some of the others are provided via Gump or other mechanisms I
am not aware of).  Here's my list:

jakarta-commons/
  beanutils
  collections
  dbcp
  digester
  httpclient
  jxpath
  latka (broke last night)
  logging
  modeler
  pool
  validator

jakarta-commons-sandbox/
  betwixt (currently commented out -- no "clean" or "dist")
  cli (currently commented out -- same issue)
  messenger
  resources
  services
  threading
  workflow

I'd be fine if someone else wanted to manage nightly builds for all of the
commons and sandbox packages.

> Mvgr,
> Martin

Craig