commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] Problems running unit tests?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:39:00 GMT

On 8 Jul 2002, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Date: 08 Jul 2002 13:24:22 -0400
> From: Jason van Zyl <jason@zenplex.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [jelly] Problems running unit tests?
>
> On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:14, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> >

> > On 8 Jul 2002, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> >
> > > Date: 08 Jul 2002 13:03:04 -0400
> > > From: Jason van Zyl <jason@zenplex.com>
> > > To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> > > Subject: Re: [jelly] Problems running unit tests?

Ant

> > > Try the ant build.xml file now. It should pull down whatever you need
> > > and just build the jar.
> > >

> > Did you do this for jelly?  I only saw a checkin for betwixt.
>
> I just did it for jelly now, I did it for betwixt first by mistake. Got
> my betwixt betwixted :-)

:-)

Hate to be a pest, but is there supposed to be a build.xml for jelly now?
I only see build-legacy.xml (which of course still exhibits the problem
for me, because it was just a copy).

> > BTW, why does the generated build.xml for betwixt copy dependencies into a
> > local lib directory instead of using the lib.repo repository?
>
> I am assuming that the user has no concept of lib.repo so that the build
> will work out of the box. I can certainly add a warning if the property
> and directory don't exist but I figured ease of use first. I would
> certainly like to share resources and I like a central repository but we
> haven't decided anything as a group and wasn't going to make any more
> assumptions after the last round bickering.

Makes sense.

While I've got your attention, can I add a wish list item for Maven?  I'd
like to be able to override the declared dependency version in some
circumstances -- for example, I'm going to create a webapp that combines
lots of different JARs that all depend on (say) commons-beanutils.jar, and
I want to make sure that I can compile and test all the components against
a single named version of beanutils.  Since the webapp is all going to run
out of a single WAR file (and therefore share a single copy of the
beanutils JAR file), this is the only way I've got to ensure that I won't
get method mismatches at runtime caused by compiling different packages
against different versions of beanutils.

Craig