commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [betwixt / logging] SecurityException being thrown
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 02:05:29 GMT

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 21:33:47 -0400
> From: Erik Hatcher <jakarta-commons@ehatchersolutions.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [betwixt / logging] SecurityException being thrown
>
> No takers on this issue?   (maybe because of the US holiday week things are
> slow? :)
>
> I'd love to use more Commons stuff, but kinda tough when the SecurityManager
> won't let Commons Logging work.

The most common cause for this was failure to catch and ignore an
exception while trying to read system properties in the 1.0 release
version of commons-logging.  This has been fixed in the lastest nightly
builds (and I thought Costin was going to do a 1.0.1 to pick it up --
guess that hasn't happened yet).  Could you try a more recent
commons-logging.jar and see if it solves this problem for you?

>     Erik

Craig