commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DBCP CVS Repository
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:38:04 GMT
I would bet you are running into the really kludgey way that we had to
deal with the JDBC 3.0 differences for JDK 1.4.  It is essentially
possible in Java to write a single class that implements
java.sql.Connection and compiles under both JDK 1.4 and earlier versions.

The trick we use is to comment out the blocks of code that are specific to
JDK 1.4 in comment blocks that are marked with "JDBC_3_ANT_KEY".  Then, if
you are compiling under 1.4, the build task will remove these comment
markers using Ant filtering.

If you're trying to load the source into an IDE or something like that,
this stuff will all be seen as comments, and ignored.  Then, you'll get
compile errors on 1.4.

Craig