commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Maven Generated Commons Site
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 02:44:05 GMT
Hi,

Here is the next attempt at a generated site:

http://jakarta.apache.org/~jvanzyl/jakarta-commons/index.html

The goal here is to let the developers of each component do their thing
and have the top-level site be processed automatically.

The first step toward this is the generation of the 'Components
Repository' navigation. These are all picked automatically by the
reactor using a velocity template:

<menu name="Components Repository">
 #foreach ($reactorProject in $reactorProjects)
 <item name="$reactorProject.name" href="/$reactorProject.id.substring(8)/index.html"/>
 #end
</menu>

This can be done with the sandbox, and it can be done for short
descriptions. So as components are added/removed the site generation
will make the navigation/project info harvesting automatic.

Again, let projects take care of themselves let Maven deal with the
collaboration. I found a huge number of problems with Maven trying to
generate the site but I think it's working and can be improved.

A few problems of note:

1) JDK 1.4 detection
2) Javadoc for Discovery is failing for some reason
3) I still haven't touched latka/httpclient or jxpath. If the developers
would like me to update the project.xml files just let me know.

I think it looks pretty good :-)

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl