commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Commons and Maven
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:10:55 GMT
On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 12:00, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> No problem checking in the descriptors, as long as you're willing to
> maintain them in the mean time.  (I agree with you that they are not
> likely to change very much.)

I've anticipated the changing of descriptors :-) At the moment indirect
dependencies (runtime) need to be declared but Very Soon Now(tm) only
the direct dependencies will be required and there is a tool that
Stephane and I have made that will analyze the sources and determine
which projects a particular project is dependent upon and insert them
back into the project descriptor. So this tool could be used manually by
developers when they want to update the descriptor or it could be done
as part of an automated process. Though I would very hesitant to use is
automatically without a lot of trial usage.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@apache.org
http://tambora.zenplex.org