commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <>
Subject Re: [betwixt] SAXBeanWriter
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 22:05:32 GMT
On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 18:01, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On Thursday, July 18, 2002, at 10:51 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 17:35, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> >> hi bob
> >>
> >> SAXBeanWriter does not exist as yet but has been on the to do list (both
> >> mine and betwixt's) for a while.
> >>
> >> if you want to use it in maven i could probably put the digester and
> >> beanutils stuff i've been looking at on the backburner and take a look at
> >> it.
> >
> > That would be awesome! If I can help let me know as I need it as soon as
> > I can get my hands on it :-)
> the good news is that since it's been in the pipeline for a while
> BeanWriter has already been refactored to (hopefully) make it easier to
> extract a parent class containing the logic.
> the bad news is that it's now late thursday for me. friday night i'll be
> down the pub, then playing cricket all day saturday followed by a 21st
> birthday party in the evening so i'm not sure how much coding time i'll be
> able to find.
> what i'm going to try to do now is to knock up something rough quickly
> that (hopefully) you might be able to take forward and debug. not sure
> when it'll be ready, though.

If you start it I'm sure I can finish it. James can push me in the right
direction if I get stuck. This little bit will fully allow the use of
the object model in all Maven reports. No more using the project.xml
file directly. So that I can yank out a Project object from a database
and perform DVSL transformations on it.

I would grateful if you could whack something together.