commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Casey <jdca...@00java.com>
Subject [SUBMIT] [jelly] tag library for prompting users for information
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:05:22 GMT
I submitted this once before to the maven-dev list, since I saw more
Jelly traffic on that than on commons-dev, but here goes again...

I'm attaching the source code for an interaction tag library, that will
prompt the user for input and save the result to a variable...

Additional features include:

- input types: text, password, boolean, numeric text, and drop-down list
(comma-separated default value supplied)

- auto-detection of GUI-enabled JVM's; console display for otherwise
- solid domain object model backing tags, to promote extensibility and
reimplementation into Ant task

The source files here are [mostly] well-documented.  I'm posting them
here with the hope that they will be integrated into the Jelly project,
so that I can maintain them as a standard part of the Jelly tool.

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
John Casey