commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/jelly/src/java/org/apache/commons/jelly/tags/define DynamicTag.java
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:43:00 GMT
On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 15:57, jvanzyl@apache.org wrote:
> jvanzyl     2002/07/10 12:57:55
>
>   Modified:    jelly/src/java/org/apache/commons/jelly/tags/define
>                         DynamicTag.java
>   Log:
>   o Making the newly created context available in the dynamic tag.
>
>     James, if this is evil let me know. But in other jelly scripts I have
>     access to the context which is very convenient. In this particular case
>     I am trying to access the maven POM inside a dynamic tag lib and I couldn't
>     without this change.

Maybe a general setInherit(true) might be better ... Maybe something like

<define:taglib uri="maven">
  <define:tag name="foo" inherit="true">
     check some stuff
     <define:invokeBody/>
  </define:tag>
</define:taglib>

I made some custom dynamic tag libs for doing various things but when
doing something like:

<m:foo>
  I need access to ${maven.build.dir}
</m:foo>

And I've lost sight of all thing that have been pushed into the context.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@apache.org